Please call 219-836-9122 or request an appointment online.
Photos displayed above courtesy of Jeffrey Milne DDS
Treatment provided by Jeffrey Milne DDS Indiana Cosmetic Dentist
Porcelain dental veneers are custom made porcelain shells which are bonded to front the surface of your teeth. Veneers are designed and recommended to change the color of stained teeth, fill in gaps or spaces between teeth, replace edges of teeth that are chipped, lengthen teeth that are worn and instantly straighten crooked teeth. The procedure consists of gently removing enough tooth structure so there is room for the porcelain veneer. The amount of tooth structure removed depends on the aesthetic goals you are trying to achieve. Expert cosmetic dentists will always try to create the most beautiful smile design in the most conservative manner possible.
(Before-Older single color restorations with black lines at the gum-line)
(After all porcelain restorations on the four upper front teeth by Jeffrey Milne DDS Indiana Cosmetic Dentist)
Northwest Indiana Dentists who are passionate about creating gorgeous healthy smiles understand the art and science required to achieve stunning results.
Teeth are never one color and even though we all would like our smiles to be brilliantly white, making a veneer one white shade would result in a less than impressive result. Creating healthy white smiles requires the artistic eyes and hands of a dedicated cosmetic dentist and a master ceramist in a cosmetic dental lab.
You may only need a couple veneers to achieve your goals or you may consider a smile makeover to obtain that beautiful smile you have always desired. Veneers are an option which could make a dramatic difference in the way you look and feel about yourself. Your new smile will appear natural, healthy and last for years.
We have enhanced so many smiles with porcelain veneers for people from Northwest Indiana, Chicago and Chicago Illinois suburbs. Smiles from Munster, Dyer, Schererville, Crown Point, St. John, Valparaiso, Chesterton, Portage, Chicago, North and South Chicago suburbs, and throughout Indiana have experienced the beautiful and natural looking smile makeovers offered at White Orchid Dental. Call your Northwest Indiana Cosmetic Dentist today and schedule a complimentary consultation appointment to learn how your life could be changed by experiencing the benefits of a gorgeous smile.
(Porcelain Veneers on upper front 8 teeth by Jeffrey Milne DDS Indiana Cosmetic Dentist
Costs of porcelain veneers vary throughout the country depending on the dentist and the goals of the patient. In general, the national average is around $1000 to $1500 per veneer.
Porcelain laminate veneers are probably the most aesthetic means of creating a more pleasing and beautiful smile. They do require some tooth reduction. In most cases, veneers are a much more conservative restoration than a crown. The porcelain veneer allows us to alter the tooth position, shape, size, and color.
Porcelain veneers require tooth reduction so this is not a reversible procedure.
The first visit is a preparation and impression appointment. The preparations are made to the front surface of the tooth and then a rubber impression material is used to prepare a stone model for use at the ceramic laboratory. At this appointment, photographs, and other diagnostic data is recorded to assist the dental ceramist in creating a beautiful result with proper shaping, shading and color matching.
The porcelain veneers are fabricated in the dental laboratory so there is a delay from the preparation appointment to the delivery appointment. Temporary veneers are fabricated at your first visit so you can enjoy your new smile immediately.
Between your first and second visit you can expect some sensitivity to hot and cold. This is normal and should disappear soon after the placement of your Porcelain Veneers.
At the second visit, the dental veneers are bonded to your natural tooth. This is done with a light sensitive resin and a special curing light.
Once the porcelain veneers are placed they are very strong and will resist most of the force placed upon them in the normal diet.
One of the most enjoyable aspects of cosmetic dentistry is being able to improve someones smile. When Porcelain Veneers are placed and the patient sees their new smile for the first time...WOW! That is why Porcelain Veneers are one of the most enjoyable procedures we do.
These restorations are placed using the finest materials and techniques available today. Care still needs to be taken as with any dental restoration. In order to keep your beautiful new smile looking good for a long time, let us suggest the following
To insure maximum beauty and longevity, a few points should be mentioned:
1. Brush with an ultra-soft toothbrush at least two times a day. Floss as least once a day, preferably before bedtime. Veneers are typically one of the kindest restorations to your gum tissues so with good home oral hygiene you should be able to maintain the health of your tissues easily. Don't worry you will not damage your new porcelain veneers by brushing or flossing. Good oral hygiene and regular re-care appointments will insure the aesthetic success of your dental veneers.
2. Do not rinse routinely with mouthwashes, as they are high in alcohol. Alcohol softens bonding and weakens the bond. If mouthwash is desired, a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water could be used or select a non-alcohol containing mouth .
3. Porcelain veneers are very strong, but you still need to avoid chewing hard foods on the veneered teeth. Ice, bones, and hard candy are items that may cause the porcelain dental veneers to twist. This is the most damaging force you can place on veneers or even on natural teeth.
4. Habits such as opening packages with your teeth, biting thread, chewing ice, nail biting or pipe smoking should be avoided. Avoid direct biting into ribs, bones, hard candy, nuts or hard bread and rolls. This puts stress on the material and could result in a fracture. Be aware that certain foods such as spare ribs, corn on the cob, carrots and apples can also put added stress on bonded teeth and possibly increase the need for repairs. Most kinds of sandwiches are not a problem.
5. How long bonding lasts depends on many things. Longevity of your veneers depends on your habits and how much stress is placed on the front teeth.
6. If you think you might be a bruxer (night time teeth grinding) or clencher (clenching your teeth together hard during the day) then let the office know and we will fabricate a soft night guard for you to wear to minimize the stresses placed on your teeth.
How do Lumineers differ from pressed porcelain veneers?
Lumineers is a brand name of porcelain veneers. The Den-Mat corporation owns this brand of porcelain veneers and they are marketing that the veneer is so thin that your dentist does not need to remove any tooth structure. In very few cases, porcelain veneers or Lumineers can be placed with very little altering of tooth structure to achieve the desired aesthetic results. In most smile design cases, some tooth structure does need to be gently removed to achieve the most stunning result.
The most awesome northwest Indiana cosmetic dentists will diligently try to create the most beautiful smile design to achieve your goals. The cosmetic dentist wants to do this in the most conservative manner possible. It is best that you let your expert cosmetic dentist determine the brand of porcelain that would achieve your goals. The most important goal of porcelain veneers is making you look and feel your best. Beware if your dentist only desires one brand of porcelain dental veneer.